Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Book Review: Wicca: A Guide For The Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham

So this is probably the second time I've read this book. I've read it years ago but I decided to read it again because I had forgotten a lot of it and I wanted to write this review. This is one of my "go-to" books for beginners because it does have a lot of useful information and is basically a Wiccan starter kit. Not only does it have the theory behind Wicca and its many teachings but it also has practical knowledge which can be applied.

This book contains a mini book of shadows for those who may have trouble finding a teacher or coven to practice with and learn from. Cunningham is very humble in his presentation and asserts that his teachings are by no means law which is something that I really like because it's true. These are all guidelines because Wicca and its practices are completely open to interpretation and all about personal power and growth.

The first half of the book is about Wicca and what it's about, its deities, creating Circles, invocations, etc. Your very basic run through intro course. The second half is Cunningham's general book of shadows from his earlier years. Cunningham's books are generally always a pleasure to read and I admire him as a very intelligent person.

No comments:

Post a Comment