Lavender is a great plant to have around. It attracts bees and butterflies but is deer and rabbit resistant. It loves to be placed in a sunny space. It inspires feelings of peace and serenity and gives off a calming energy. Although it is a beautiful purple flower, it has found its way into shampoos, lotions, oils, food, and more. The best way to use its healing capabilities is to use it as tinctures, oils, in teas, in food, and as salve. Here are a few things lavender can be used for.
- Lavender oil is a good antiseptic and can be used to clean scrapes and cuts. The oil comes from the actual flower part and not the leaves or seeds.
- It reduces anxiety and nervousness. You can make a lavender sachet to hang around the house or carry with you.
- It can be used to cure headaches. You can take some lavender oil and massage it into your temples.
- Lavender oil can be used as a muscle relaxant and when massaged into the skin it helps unknot muscles and reduces spasms.
- Using lavender as an oil diffuser helps cure insomnia. I, personally, like to drink it as a tea before going to bed.
- When taken as a diluted essence it can help with conditions such as depression, hysteria, and fainting.
Soothing Lavender Bath
What you will need:
Essential Lavender Oil
Lavender herb (optional)
Lavender candle (optional)
You may use one or all of these things in your bath. Place 5-10 drops of lavender oil into your bath water. Mix the water and oil with your hand. You may want to place some lavender herb into your bath as well. Anoint the candle with the oil and light it so that the scent of lavender fills the air. Relax and enjoy!