Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tips on Wording Your Spells


When creating your spells, the words you speak are just as powerful, if not more so, than the elements you use such as candles, colors, etc. Before casting spells of my own, I like to make sure I have all the things I need and also go ahead and write out what I want to say. On Full Moons, I let the words come to me while I'm in my Circle but I always have a paper and pen ready to write down what I say.

Here are a few things you should think about when wording your spells:

Choose your words wisely!
Whatever you send out, it will come back to you 3 fold. When casting your spells try to make them specific to your needs. Think of it as telling someone directions to an unknown destination. You don't want them to get lost along the way and take a wrong turn so make your directions specific to the goal you wish to accomplish.

Don't cast out of anger!
If you are upset, angry, or feel resentment, wait until those emotions subside. You don't want to have any negativity come from your words. They are powerful and the more emotion you have behind them the more powerful they will be. This includes those negative emotions. Wait until you are in the right frame of mind and have calmed down. (Please be aware that I do not advocate curses, hexes, or any of the sort.)

Speak from the heart!
Don't be shy when asking for what you want. Cast boldly and strongly. Be assertive. Don't use passive words and incorporate action words.

Be poetic!
With my spells, I make them rhyme. Rhyming adds rhythm, tone, and creativity to your spells. You most certainly don't have to be poetic with your spells but this is something I do because I feel it creates an energy with the words. It makes them sound almost like chanting and they're easier to remember if you're not writing them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment